I don’t know about you, but I tend to check out the ‘About Me’ page of a site that looks interesting to me. I want to know something about the person doing the writing.
So I’ll give you a bit of background about me. First, the name…Candi Randolph. That’s me.
Next, a little bit about my history, because it helps a reader to understand the perspective I’m writing from.
I was born in 1955 (you do the math), a Baby Boomer, in Detroit, MI, and raised by wonderful Christian parents. I have been so blessed to be with such remarkable role models who helped shape my life. We were a typical Midwestern family.
My children, 2 amazing boys, were from my first marriage. They are both married and have blessed me with 4 beautiful grandchildren. Grand kids are the best! Love them, adore them and give them back to their parents. I am their ‘Nana’ and absolutely love it!
A 25 year career in banking was a large part of my life through my 1st marriage and raising my kids. I was a single parent for 5 years, sharing custody with their dad.
After the banking career, I began working with a friend in the design business, an area of my life that I had not realized was such a passion until that time. I graduated from the Sheffield School of Interior Design in New York and was on my way!
A Wonderful Season of My Life
Then I met Randy, my soul mate, best friend and love of my life. We met at church, introduced to each other by my brother. After only 2 weeks of dating we knew that God had brought us together and we would remain together for the rest of our lives. We waited 6 months to get married for the sake of our kids and families. I gained another son in the process, too!
We had some wonderful adventures together…ups and downs for sure…not a perfect life as some would describe. But we had a memorable journey:
- owning a building company
- blending a family
- building log homes
- owning a log home company
- traveling and spending time in Florida
- owning a 2nd home in Florida
- losing it all in the economic down turn
- starting over together in the Sunshine state at the age of 50
- creating a simple life together as we were both working and starting our own businesses
- experiencing the stress of a spouse who is living with chronic pain
- finding our way when my husband could no longer work because of his ongoing physical issues
- then…saying goodbye to my man on New Years Day, 2016
It was a very difficult time in my life, but I continued on and put all my efforts in my Home Staging and Interior Decorating business. 24/7 basically, which is not the healthiest thing to do, but that and my faith in the Lord got me through the first couple of years.
Last year I made two life changing decisions. First, to start this blog, which I’ll tell you a bit about below. Second, I decided to phase out my Florida business and I moved back to Michigan to be closer to my family
Inspire My Style…a Midlife Blog
When it came time to decide on the focus of my blog, I had a decision to make. The obvious path was to stay with my expertise in home staging and design. I know it, I’m really good at it, and I can write about it. And I started to do that, and then I stopped.
Why? Well, the passion for writing was lacking. It felt like work to me, and on the one hand, yes, a blog is a business and is a LOT of work.
But on the other hand, I knew that I should be fired up and passionate about my focus and topics. So I did some soul searching and realized that my life...my midlife journey...the ups and downs, the changes in my body, the family dynamics, the efforts I was putting into maintaining my health and fitness…THAT was my passion!
So, Inspire My Style was created.
This is my approach to life and how I create posts on this blog: I’ve always believed in moderation in all things, and that is how I live my life.
- My overall appearance and weight have remained essentially the same since in my 20’s. Well, except for the gray hair, wrinkles, and crepey skin 🙂
- Searching for ways to help keep me looking younger while not spending thousands of dollars is always on the table.
- I don’t love to shop, am not interested in spending a lot of money on clothes, but I do have a definite sense of style.
- I love a good cup of strong coffee and a chilled glass of white wine, preferably chardonnay. I enjoy some of both on a daily basis.
- I work too much, but owning a business tends to take over your life in the busy seasons. Thinking about what to do after I retire…
- My creativity, home staging and interior decorating experience is something that I love to share, and you’ll see that here in a variety of ways
- I’m sharing my experiences aging naturally and living a healthy lifestyle
- Relationships, faith, family, friends, healthy living…these are essential elements for any woman in her 60’s.
How I Share My Passion for Midlife
Creating content for readers and subscribers is certainly front and center for me. I love to research topics, share my experiences with life, with products and programs that have helped me, and earn some income to help support this site.
Recently I felt in my heart that it was time to create tangible products for readers, or anyone really, to purchase and use every day. Things that would help them remember to be grateful, to be inspired, to smile...and with that, INSPIRATIONS was conceived.
INSPIRATIONS is my online shop and offers simple everyday items like coffee mugs (there’s a surprise!), journals, totes, travel cups, holiday mugs, and more.
I also donate a portion of the net profits to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital. You can read more about why I chose that charity here.
Another learning experience for me, but so worthwhile, was the creation of my first online course for women in midlife, Inspire Your Life! I hope that it is one of many courses on a variety of topics…I think big!
Inspire My Style Guest Posts
Inspire My Style has been in existence for about a year and a half as I write this, and I’m pleased to say that my work has been published on these fine sites:
- Making Midlife Matter: An Online Magazine for Midlife Women Over 40
- Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond: Lifestyle, Health & Wellness for Women Over 50
- Grand: The Lifestyle Magazine for Awesome Grandparents
- Lifestyle Fifty: A Lifestyle and Travel Blog for Women Over 50
- Baby Boomster: Travel and Lifestyle for Women Over 50
I’d like to help others be inspired to live as stylish women, gracefully embracing the aging process.
Let’s experience life together!
p.s. Let’s be friends! Subscribe to receive fresh post notifications + special incentives and cool stuff that is just for folks on ‘The List!’
You’ll find a sign up box right below, in the Sidebar, the Footer, at the top of the page, you pick. Any of those forms will do the trick!