Welcome to Coffee with Candi, a time for us to have a chat every week on Friday and catch up.
Well, I’ll have a chat with you about my week…what’s been happening, the good the bad the exciting, the boring…most importantly, what have I learned about life, my family, my friends, work, health, looking my best…I’ll spill it honestly and openly with you. Always with a fresh cup of hot, black coffee in my hand. I think better with java in my paw.
What’s on my mind this week:
Feel the need to de-stress? (I know…who doesn’t?!) I received some marketing information recently on the topic of Mindfulness from Julie Potiker, author of Life Falls Apart, but You Don’t Have To: Mindful Methods for Staying Calm In the Midst of Chaos and thought you might find it helpful. I know I did:
Take a Mindful Moment
1. Find a window of time: Five minutes is ideal, but take one minute if that’s all you’ve got. Allow yourself to just pause and be still. You can do this in your car, in a bathroom stall, on the train, in your office — anywhere you can take a moment for yourself.
2. Check in and see what’s going on with your emotions: Name them and locate them in your body: “Oh, that’s stress in my chest; that’s frustration in my throat; that’s anxiety in my stomach.”
3. For each challenging emotion you find, breathe deeply into it, then breathe out peace: Do this for several breaths until you feel the emotion begin to shift into a more peaceful state.
“Take a mindful moment instead of carrying your emotional baggage into your next conversation,” Julie suggests. “You’ll be glad you did — and so will whomever you encounter!”
Guess what? We are less than one month away from the start of Daylight Savings Time. Yay! Sunday, March 10 at 2:00 a.m.is the official beginning of longer days and the promise of warmer weather.
I for one am really excited about that. 🙂
Inspire Your Life!
Self Development Online Course for Women in Midlife
I’ve been working on creating my online course for months now, and it is finally coming together, with the course close to it’s introduction to the world.
With that in mind, I am looking for a limited number of women who would be willing to go through the course, free of charge, and provide feedback. The course will be offered for $97 when it debuts.
Who is my ideal ‘student’? A women in midlife, probably in her 50’s and beyond, who is ready for a recharge, a jump start, in her life.
She might be:
- feeling like she’s lost her focus a bit
- experiencing information overload from the internet world
- lacking in motivation
- just a tiny bit bored with life at the moment
- overwhelmed with life’s responsibilities and neglecting her own needs
- unsure of her next step in life
- looking for affirmation or direction for her lifestyle choices
She would benefit from some insight, motivation, helpful information and direction in the areas of Healthy Eating and Nutrition, Exercise and Workouts, Skin Care, Natural Aging, Fashion and Style Sense, Emotional Wellness and Setting Goals for the future.
I utilize my own life experience, work experience, organizational skills, creative abilities and background in communication and adult education to bring students an interesting, insightful and motivating experience.
Are you willing to complete this course (about 5 hours total of video training material + a few simple worksheets) within 2 weeks time? Provide honest feedback?
If so, comment on this post or send an email to me at: email@example.com and I will be in touch. Remember, I am only accepting a limited number of volunteers, so if you are interested please let me know before 2/22/19. Thanks!