Activities to relieve stress can do some wonderful things for our bodies and minds. Not only can we feel better, inside and out, after focusing on something we enjoy and want to learn more about, we also may feel a sense of accomplishment when finished.
In fact, the Researchers of the American Art Therapy Association found that 45 minutes of creative activity significantly lessens stress in the body. Cool!
Paint by numbers for adults (yes, just for us grown-ups!) has been on my list of ‘things I want to learn more about’ for quite a while. It has always intrigued me and sounded like a fun and relaxing hobby.
So when I was offered the opportunity to participate in a Review and Giveaway for Winnie’s Picks, one of the premier sources for adult paint by number on canvas, I jumped at the chance. Although I was provided this project at no cost, these are my honest opinions.
I always loved to color and paint when I was young, but I have to say it’s been years since I did anything similar. Coloring with a 3-year-old doesn’t count. 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and decide to purchase a product, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! Disclosure Policy
As a participant in this collaboration with a number of other bloggers, I was able to select the canvas art that I would paint. WinniesPicks.com has so many choices and options for adult paint by number on canvas it was really hard to choose.
I made the decision to paint Paris in Late Afternoon because I thought it would be lovely to frame the painting when completed and hang it in my bedroom.
Here is an image of my selection as shown on the site:
Of course, I never gave a teeny little thought to the complexity of this particular print, as some of the choices are a little more basic than others. All of the selections were created with beginners in mind, though, so any choice would be appropriate. I just always go for the gusto!
How My Paint by Numbers Canvas Arrived
and What was Included
This was my first experience with paint by numbers for adults so I really had no idea what to expect when my project arrived.
I was very pleased with the packaging and protection that the canvas received as well as all of the materials that were included:
- High-quality linen canvas rolled in a strong tube – Certified wrinkle-free (Size 16″x20″ / 40x50cm).
- Acrylic paint set – No need to mix the colors & more than enough paint to complete the painting.
- Set of 4 brushes – You can start painting straight from the box.
- Complete painting instructions – Perfect for beginners.
How to Approach a Paint by Numbers for Adults Project
When I decided to start this project I have to confess it was a bit daunting. The areas of some of the colors were very small and I wondered how I was going to “paint inside the lines”, if you know what I mean!
But, once I got going I realized that with a bit of planning and just going for it, I would be fine. Here is what I would recommend:
- Secure the canvas onto a board so it doesn’t move around. I simply purchased a very inexpensive piece of art cardboard and pinned my canvas to it. Very DIY, but it works just fine!
- Good lighting is essential, particularly for my old eyes. I’m painting directly under my dining room light, but I added another task light on the table to give me even more brightness.
- As with any creative project, take it one step at a time, and try to not be overwhelmed with all of the spaces and numbers. You’ll get there.
- Know that everything doesn’t have to be perfect. Am I making a few mistakes? Yes. Are some of the colors not exactly what they’re supposed to be? Yes. Will anyone know the difference? No.
Activities to Relieve Stress? Yep.
As you can see, my project is about 1/4 complete. I knew that I wouldn’t have enough time to finish the entire painting so I focused on the top left section. I’m right-handed so that made sense…less chance of smearing my beautiful work!
Is an adult paint by number project relaxing? Yes, it is. I find that when I’m painting, my mind is totally focused on the color, the shape, painting inside the lines, and all that good stuff.
My work, projects, planning, and any other stuff that fills my little head most of the time is gone. All I am thinking about is the painting.
And for me, that is relaxing and relieves stress. I would highly recommend it!
Winnie’s Picks offers so many choices in adult paint by number, including the option of creating a custom project from one of your own photos. How cool is that?
You can select your project by category, with choices like Easy Kits, Vintage, Flowers, City Life, Landscapes and Framed Paintings, to name a few.
How about you? I’m sure you’ll want to enter the drawing below, but how about taking a look at the site right now? Use the link below to get started.
And, as an additional incentive, use my special code, inspiremystyle and receive $5.00 off of your order!
Visit Winnie’s Picks on social media, too:
The Giveaway…has ended…
• This giveaway is open to everyone worldwide age 18+
• Three winners will be chosen
• Each winner will receive a $50 gift card to be redeemed at Winnie’s Picks
• Starts on August 3, 2019 at 9:00 PM Central
• Ends on August 17, 2019 at 9:00 PM Central
• You may enter once per day
• Winners will be randomly selected using Giveaway Tools
• Winners will be notified via email
• Winners will have 24 hours to respond or new winners will be chosen
• This giveaway is void where prohibited
• No purchase necessary
Disclosure: This giveaway is not endorsed by Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter.