Welcome to Coffee with Candi, a time for us to have a chat every week on Friday and catch up.
Well, I’ll have a chat with you about my week…what’s been happening, the good the bad the exciting, the boring…most importantly, what have I learned about life, my family, my friends, work, health, looking my best…I’ll spill it honestly and openly with you. Always with a fresh cup of hot, black coffee in my hand. I think better with java in my paw.
And, I’ll share one special thing that has brightened up my week, so it can potentially make you smile, too. It might be a new gadget, a piece of furniture, a nifty clothing find, a recipe, or something to make your life easier. It’s my gift to you that will keep on giving. 🙂
What’s on my mind this week:
in no particular order…however the thoughts came into my little head
I’ve been thinking about my hands…what about them, you wonder? Well, like our face and neck, hands tell a story about our age. We take the time, spend the money, to take care of our face and neck, striving to keep our skin soft, supple and looking young.
For me, it is important for my self esteem and self confidence to remain committed to taking care of my body, exercising regularly, eating well (I’m always working on that one!), so why not give some additional attention to my hands?
That leads to some inspiration for me to research and write about it, but for starters, here are few things that we can all do to keep our hands looking healthy and young:
- Start earlier rather than later! Any prevention program that we engage in will have a greater effect if we begin earlier. But, I also believe that it is never too late to start something new!
- Remember to apply UV protection to your hands as well as the rest of your body.
- An evening regimen including a thick moisturizing hand cream can work wonders while you sleep.
What do you do when your daily exercise (and life!) routine totally changes?
I’m living that adjustment right now, as I help my mom care for my dad who is at the end stage of his life. There is nowhere else in the world I would rather be, so this is in no way a whiny complaint. But the reality is, I am in another state, 1,100 miles from my home, none of my exercise equipment is here, my walking routine has changed, my typical daily eating plan has been adjusted, and the Independent Living apartment where they reside is less than 800 sq.ft.
- I’ve taken over a small table in their nook as my office, so that is where I ‘live’ when I’m not helping my mom or running to the store for some groceries.
- I can do my facial exercises anywhere, so keeping up with that routine is not an issue, as it takes less than 20 minutes every other day.
- My floor exercises are do-able, although I squeeze myself in amongst the furniture and extra hospice related equipment currently in the home.
- A set of 5 lb and 8 lb dumbbells will keep my strength training on par, if not moving forward.
My time spent learning from the Ageless Army membership I talked about last Friday has been quite limited, but I knew that would probably be the case. I’ve been able to watch some workout videos and have already learned a few helpful things.
One day at a time…one hour at a time…is what I’m doing right now. But I am where I need to be, so it is a good thing.
One Special Thing – Rothys Shoes
I have seen Facebook ads for Rothy’s Shoes, but never really paid much attention to them, although I liked the styling. So today I decided to take a closer look. These shoes are so cool!
Rothy’s shoes are recyclable, made from recycled water bottles, have an earth-friendly carbon free rubber sole, are machine washable, have a flexible sole and upper, and are meticulously hand constructed.
As you might expect, the price is in the mid $100’s, which is probably fair for the type of construction, but I would have to give it some thought before purchasing.
I am wondering if any of you have invested in these shoes…I would love to hear what you think of them! Please let us know in the Comments section below. In the meantime I’m going to give them some serious consideration. How about you?
Hope you enjoyed Coffee with Candi. Subscribe to Inspire My Style and I’ll deliver this right to your inbox every week!
Let us know what you think by using the Comment section below. See you next Friday 🙂