When I think of Spring in the Midwest, it is a time for fresh starts…a rebirth of sorts…at least where nature is concerned. The leaves and flowers bud and bloom, birds return to nest and propagate, days grow longer and temperatures warmer.
Still, the mornings and evenings can be chilly (sometimes the days, too, but we won’t dwell on that!) so we bring out the light Spring jacket or blazer.
My mind is in ‘fashion’ mode as I sip on my coffee this morning. Maybe it’s because Easter will be here in a few weeks along with the weather slowly evolving into Spring. Whatever the reason, let’s think about a refresh of our wardrobe to suit the season.
As women over 50 we know that there are advantages to these casual wardrobe layers. They can not only keep the chill off, they also can camouflage some areas that are affected by our journey through midlife, the crepey arms and roundness around the middle specifically!
So in celebration of Spring, or any time of year and weather that encourages a light jacket, let’s take a look at some of the season’s best, and find some casual styles to love. I’m always up for a budget friendly shopping trip so we’ll keep the prices easy on the wallet, too.
I decided to ‘shop’ at Chicos for these casual spring jackets and blazers and had great fun selecting this group. They offer a classic yet stylish look for women over 50, or for any woman who enjoys a classic look. Prices in this curated group range from $100 to $150.
When you click over to the Chico’s site to check out the details on these spring essentials, be sure to note how the pieces can be styled. If you click on the “how to wear it” button you’ll zip to the bottom of the page to see three complete looks.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and decide to purchase a product, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! Disclosure Policy
Do You Know How to Dress for Your Body Shape?
Make Your Life Easier, Girlfriend!
Spring Jackets to Love
When I search for a wardrobe item like a jacket or cardigan, I’m always after a style that is versatile enough to be worn in a variety of settings. A closet that contains multi functional separates gives you so much flexibility!
What I love about the Faux Leather Drape Jacket:
- Drapey soft faux leather fabric
- Polyurethane is washable!
- Double stitching adds feminine shape
- Offered in Regular and Petite sizes; Apricot and Neutral colors
What I love about the Bi-Stretch Blazer:
- Slight stretch to the cotton blend fabric
- Roll tab sleeve detail
- Fully lined for additional style stability
- Offered in Regular and Petite sizes; Neutral Stripe, Alabaster and Black colors
Check out these related posts to learn more about FASHION, STYLE, & CONFIDENCE in your 50’s & 60’s:
Cute, Casual Outfits for Women,
Casual Styles for Women,
Fashion Over 50, What is That?,
Do You Know How to Dress for Your Body Shape,
How to Define Your Personal Style After 50,
Style is About More Than what You Wear,
Casual Styles for Women Over 60
What I love about the Button Sleeve Jacket:
- Wrinkle free fabric is perfect for traveling
- Button detail on the bracelet length sleeves
- Neutral color goes with everything
What I love about the Faux Leather Moto Jacket:
- Leather look with knit detail at the sleeves
- Dress it up or wear it casual
- Pockets, zippers and stitching for extra style and detail
What I love about the Elongated Denim Jacket:
- Love, love, love the length!
- Cotton blend gives a bit of stretch
- Highly rated by purchasers
- Offered in Regular and Petite sizes
What I love about the Drape Front Cardigan:
- Versatile styling with soft, drapey fabric
- Bracelet sleeves with button detail
- Open, draped front
- Offered in Regular and Petite sizes; comes in Summer Berry (shown), Black, Navy and Alabaster
What I love about the Side Drape Jacket:
- Wrinkle resistant fabric
- Longer length with styling that can be dressed up or down
- 3/4 length sleeves
- The asymmetrical styling
What I love about the Alabaster Denim Jacket:
- Slight stretch to the fabric
- Crisp, white look
- Button, pocket and seam details
- Offered in Regular and Petite sizes
Using separates to create an outfit not only gives you more options and looks, it provides a way for you be confident and comfortable in any setting. I like having the flexibility to wear that extra layer or remove it based on activities and temperatures.
I’m a sleeveless girl at heart, but when that just won’t do, a favorite jacket or sweater keeps me looking my best. Well, time to set the coffee cup aside and get to work…or maybe do some online shopping…we’ll see.
Linking up with Shoe and Tell Fashion