As you age, it’s natural for your skin to lose some of its elasticity and radiance. Mature skin is drier, thinner, and let’s face it – makes us look older.
But that doesn’t mean you have to resign yourself to a fate of looking old and haggard. There are plenty of simple, natural ways to take years off your appearance. So, what makes a woman look younger naturally?
Let’s learn together, my friend. With a little effort, you can look younger, healthier, and more vibrant–without resorting to expensive creams, too much makeup, or surgery.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to start feeling better about yourself. Here are 10 natural ways to look younger.
If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
How to Look Younger, Naturally
1. Get Plenty of Rest
As women over 50, we need to pay close attention to our sleeping habits. Getting the proper amount of sleep is essential for our overall health and well-being, as well as looking our youthful best.
Unfortunately, many of us struggle to get a good night’s sleep regularly. This can be due to a variety of factors, including stress, hormonal changes, and medical conditions. Lack of sleep can have a major impact on our health, both physically and mentally.
When we don’t get enough rest, it shows in the form of dark circles under our eyes and a lackluster complexion. It’s not a pretty sight, and when we look haggard we appear older than our years.
A lack of sleep can also lead to problems such as fatigue, anxiety, depression, and memory problems. It can also make it difficult to maintain a healthy weight, as well as increase our risk for accidents and injuries.
On the other hand, getting enough sleep can help us to look and feel our best and stay sharp as we age. It can also help us to better manage our weight, moods, and overall health.
If you’re having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor about ways to improve your sleep habits.
2. Eat the right kinds of foods
As women over 50, we sometimes feel like we have to choose between eating healthy and looking our best. But the truth is that what we eat can have a direct impact on our appearance. By including certain foods in our diet, we can actually help ourselves look younger and feel our best.
One of the most important things we can do for our skin is to make sure we’re getting enough collagen. Collagen is a protein that helps to keep skin firm and elastic. We can get collagen from food sources like chicken, fish, and eggs. Another way to boost collagen levels is to take a supplement.
Another important nutrient for our skin is vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to brighten the skin and protect it from damage. Foods rich in vitamin C include citrus fruits, tomatoes, broccoli, and kale. Including these foods in our diet can help us achieve radiant, youthful-looking skin.
Other youthful-boosting foods include leafy greens like spinach and kale which are packed with antioxidants to help protect our skin from damage.
Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help to keep our skin hydrated and supple. And yogurt is a good choice for breakfast or a snack, as it provides protein and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
Eating a healthy diet can have a big impact on the way we look and feel as women in midlie. By including collagen-rich foods, Vitamin C-rich foods, and plenty of water in our diet, we can help ourselves look younger and feel our best.
3. Drink Plenty of Water
Looking and feeling your best isn’t just about exercise and eating healthy foods—it’s also about staying hydrated. Drinking enough water is essential for keeping your skin looking young and plump.
As we age, our skin becomes thinner and drier, and it becomes more difficult for it to retain moisture. Water helps to keep your skin cells plump and hydrated, which in turn can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
In addition, water helps to flush out toxins and impurities that can cause skin problems like acne. So how much water should you be drinking? Aim for eight glasses a day, and if you’re feeling especially dry or are spending time in a hot climate, bump up your intake even further.
In addition, you can look for beauty products that contain hyaluronic acid, which helps to keep the skin hydrated.
Tea and coffee count towards your daily water intake, but make sure to cut back if you find yourself reaching for cup after cup – too much caffeine can cause dehydration. And speaking of tea…
4. Green Tea
As we age, many of us are looking for ways to keep our skin looking young and healthy. While there is no magic fountain of youth, studies have shown that drinking green tea can actually help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve skin elasticity.
Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. In addition, this tea has been shown to increase levels of collagen, which helps to keep skin looking firm and youthful.
To get the most benefit from green tea, it is recommended to drink about two cups per day. If you find the taste of green tea too bitter, try adding a bit of honey or lemon juice to improve the flavor. By incorporating green tea into your daily routine, you can help to keep your skin looking its best as you age.
- USDA Organic, QAI certified organic
- Quality fit for a King
- Paul Newman has given over $200 Million to thousands of charities worldwide
- GREEN TEA BAGS – 100 Tea Bags filled with premium green tea.
- ORGANIC GREEN TEA – The tea is blended, filled into tea bags and packed into foil-lined kraft bags…
- 100 ECO-CONSCIOUS TEA BAGS – Our premium tea bags are constructed of Abacá Hemp Fiber Paper. They…
- Delicate Green Tea: Our Classic Green Tea provides essential antioxidants making it delicious and…
- Individually Wrapped: Bigelow Tea always come individually wrapped in foil pouches for peak flavor,…
- Try Every Flavor: There’s a tea for morning, noon, and night time relaxation. Try our English…
5. Exercise Regularly
Yep – even though it’s hard work, exercise pays off when it comes to achieving a youthful appearance. Exercise helps improve circulation, which gives skin a healthy glow by delivering oxygen-rich blood cells to the surface. In addition, exercise releases endorphins that have mood-boosting effects – so not only will you look good, but you’ll feel good too!
- Exercise helps to increase circulation and blood flow, getting more oxygen to our skin cells, which can help to give our skin a healthier, more youthful appearance.
- Exercise helps to strengthen the muscles supporting our skin, which can help to prevent sagging and wrinkling.
- Exercise releases endorphins, which can improve our mood and give us a youthful glow.
So how much exercise should we be getting? Experts recommend at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week.
This can be anything from walking the dog to taking a yoga class. Just remember to listen to your body and not overdo it. Start slow and gradually increase your activity level as you feel able.
And, don’t forget about the muscles in your face, my friend. Learn more about the facial exercises I’ve been doing for over four years, to help keep my face muscles strong and firm.
6. Protect your skin:
A good skincare routine is essential for keeping our skin healthy and young-looking. Here are some tips for taking care of your skin:
- Wash your face every day with a gentle cleanser. Avoid harsh soaps, which can strip away natural oils and leave your skin feeling dry and irritated.
- Exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh, radiant skin.
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day, even on cloudy days. UV rays can damage your skin, causing premature aging.
- Moisturize regularly to improve skin health. Keep your skin hydrated to prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Look for products that contain hyaluronic acid, which helps to keep skin hydrated, and retinol, which encourages cell turnover and helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
By following these simple tips, you can have younger-looking skin at any age.
It’s no secret that sun exposure and damage are major factors in premature aging. Not only can the sun cause wrinkles and age spots, but it can also lead to more serious problems like skin cancer. That’s why it’s so important to protect your skin, especially as you get older.
And, sun-damaged skin looks old.
Wearing sunscreen every day is a good place to start, but you should also consider wearing protective clothing and avoiding direct sunlight whenever possible.
In addition, be sure to moisturize your skin regularly to keep it looking soft and supple.
Additionally, avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, both of which can contribute to wrinkles and other signs of aging skin.
- Age Perfect Collagen Expert Moisturizer SPF 30 is made with Collagen Peptides and Niacinamide to…
- Recommended by dermatologists, peptides are the building blocks of Collagen which gives skin its…
- Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen provides protection against damaging UVA UVB rays that cause early…
- Face sunscreen for oily skin with broad spectrum SPF 60 protection; Sunscreen absorbs pore clogging…
- This oil free sunscreen provides advanced protection while absorbing pore-clogging oil, even in heat…
- Non-comedogenic sunscreen for oily skin provides broad spectrum SPF 60 protection. Oil-free…
- SKIN TONE ADJUSTING: Cosmetics CC Cream is a skin tone adjusting cream that helps to correct skin…
- MAKE UP BASE & FOUNDATION: Skin Tone Adjusting CC Cream has a light and creamy texture that blends…
- CONCEALS PIGMENTATION: CC Cream is a pigmentation-concealing cream that helps to correct skin tone…
- FOLLOW OUR BRAND STORE Be the first to know about new products, exclusive offers and more! Follow…
- TINTED MINERAL SUNSCREEN blends in effortlessly for superior daily mineral protection
- BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 protects against both UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays
8. Take care of your mental health:
We often focus on taking care of our physical health, but it’s just as important to take care of our mental health. When we feel good mentally, it shows in our appearance. We tend to look and feel younger when we’re happy, relaxed, and stress-free.
There are several things we can do to take care of our mental health and in turn, look younger. First, it’s important to stay connected with friends and family. Social interaction helps keep our minds active and sharp.
Second, we should make sure to get enough sleep, as we discussed above. Getting enough rest helps our bodies to heal and regenerate.
Finally, we should avoid destructive behaviors like smoking, drinking too much alcohol, and overeating. These habits not only age us physically, but they also take a toll on our mental health.
9. Laugh Often
According to studies, smiling and laughing can actually make us look younger. When we smile, the muscles in our face contract and release, similar to a mini-workout. This helps to tone the muscles and prevent them from sagging.
In addition, smiling and laughing help to reduce stress levels, which can lead to wrinkles.
Also, when we laugh, we take in more oxygen, which is good for our skin. So not only does laughter help to reduce wrinkles, but it also gives our skin a healthy glow.
So next time you’re feeling down or stressed, remember that laughter is the best medicine. Not only will it make you feel better, but it will also help you look younger.
10. Manage stress levels
We all know that stress can take a toll on our physical and mental health – but did you know that it can also accelerate the aging process? When we’re stressed, our bodies release cortisol – known as the “stress hormone.” Cortisol has been linked to weight gain, wrinkles, and even hair loss.
That’s why it’s so important for us to find ways to manage our stress levels as we age. Taking some time each day for ourselves – whether it’s reading a book, taking a yoga class, or just taking a relaxing bath – can help reduce cortisol levels and keep us looking young and feeling great.
How About You?
You might be thinking, “I know…I’ve read this stuff hundreds of times. Nothing new here”
Okay, I get it. This is not an epiphany or a revelation, girlfriend.
Even if looking younger isn’t on your radar, there are numerous other benefits to embracing these suggestions and recommendations.
But let me ask you this: are you doing these things? every day? most days? sometimes?
Do you read these types of posts and forget about them a few minutes later?
The lifestyle actions noted here are not just for naturally looking younger. They can also help us live longer lives, healthier lives, and more productive lives, as we get older.
How about giving yourself an extra 10 minutes to apply each of these suggestions to yourself, honestly, and see where you might benefit from some changes? If needed, just select a couple of them to work on for a month, then add one or two more, and see how much better you look and feel.
Putting the effort into looking younger doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. Sometimes, the simplest things can make the biggest difference. By following these ten tips, you’ll look and feel your best at any age!
Like this post? Share it!